The State Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture of the Republic of Azerbaijan establishes a "Public Council"
In order to ensure the participation of civil society institutions in the adoption of legal acts on the activities of the State Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the organization of public control in relevant areas, the process of establishing a "Public Council" has begun.
In accordance with the Law No.816-IVQ of November 22, 2013 of the Republic of Azerbaijan "On Public Participation" and the "Regulations on the election of the Public Council by civil society institutions" approved by the Act No.171 of May 30, 2014 of the Cabinet of Ministers, the process of nominating candidates for membership in the Public Council under the State Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture will begin on July 9, 2021. The process of nomination and registration of candidates will be completed within 20 working days, ie on August 9, 2021 at 17:00.
The number of members of the Public Council is set at 11. Each civil society institution can nominate only one candidate for membership in the Council.
Requirements for candidates for membership in the Public Council under the State Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture of the Republic of Azerbaijan are:
- Any able-bodied citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan who has reached the age of 16 and has experience or knowledge in the field of architecture, urban planning and construction with high moral and ethical qualities, regardless of nationality, language, religion, race, sex, origin, property status, position of service, beliefs, affiliation to political parties, trade unions and other public associations, may be a member of the Council.
A candidate nominated for membership in the Public Council must submit the following documents:
- A copy of the candidate's ID card;
- Biography of the candidate;
- If the candidate is a member of any civil society institution, a copy of the document confirming that membership;
- A document proving that the person has experience or knowledge in the relevant field (a copy of the employment history, if any, and other documents confirming the information in the absence of an employment history).
In addition to the required documents, the civil society institution may provide other documents that provide detailed information about the candidate. The candidates can submit these documents in person to the State Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture (Election Commission) from July 9 to August 9, 2021, on weekdays from 10:00 to 17:00 or to email@example.com can apply online via email. The Election Commission will consider the registration of the candidate for the Public Council within 3 working days and make a relevant decision.
For additional information, please contact the Election Commission at +994 12 492 31 89 (703).