As specified in the Article 79.1 of the Urban Planning and Construction Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan, permission is not required for the following types of construction on the land plot that is owned, rented or used:
- single-storey auxiliary buildings with a maximum height of 5 meters and a total area of 100 square meters, facilities related to agricultural, forestry and fishing activities;
- wells with a maximum volume of 60 cubic meters and a maximum depth of 5 meters on private land plots, underground water, and wastewater reservoirs as well as pools with a maximum volume of 200 cubic meters;
- fences (including natural and man-made stone fences) along or next to the adjacent land plot with a maximum height of 2 meters 20 cm;
- power lines or lighting poles, antenna towers or water tank towers with a maximum capacity of 10 cubic meters;
- small architectural objects (booths, covers and other similar objects), outdoor sports or playgrounds, outdoor parking lots, excluding advertising facilities;
- temporary buildings with a capacity of up to 100 people;
- renovated buildings without changing the existing facade size;
- reconstructed road or engineering and communication lines;
- auxiliary buildings with a maximum height of 3 meters and a maximum area of 100 square meters located in the courtyards of residential houses in accordance with the requirements of the Article 70.2 of the Urban Development and Construction Code;
- greenhouses and orangeries with a maximum height of 3 meters and a maximum area of 300 square meters.
In addition, the notification procedure shall apply to the construction of facilities that exceed the limits specified in the articles 79.1.1, 79.1.2, and 79.1.9 of the Urban Planning and Construction Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan.